IBSA Foundation was established in 2012 in Lugano, Switzerland, by the pharmaceutical company IBSA Institut Biochimique SA.
Vision and Mission
IBSA Foundation Vision
“Going beyond treatment”: the Foundation is highly conscious of the benefits yielded by combining participation in cultural activities (role of the arts) with treatment journeys.
IBSA Foundation Mission
Our Mission is to promote a scientific culture which is both authoritative and accessible. It pursues three goals; scientific outreach, being part of an international scientific network, and supporting scientific research.
Pillars and activities
IBSA Foundation supports scientific research and promotes outreach through its Education, Art, Science, Culture and Health activities.
- USI scholarships
- USI “Culture and Health” university course
- Ticino Scienza
- La Scienza a regola d’Arte
- Let’s Science!
- Lingua Madre - capsule per il futuro– new for 2021
- Future Inventors – new for 2021
- Competence Centre - new for 2021
- USI “Culture and Health” university course - new for 2021
- Fund for supporting cultural projects in healthcare facilities- new for 2021
- Web portal culturaesalute.ch - a benchmark for Switzerland - new for 2021
- Switzerland’s first forum, entitled “Cultura e Salute - alliance for a sustainable future”, due to take place in Lugano on 26-27 November, 2021.