This blog is dedicated to the most advanced frontiers of scientific research and the innovative therapies that are being tried out around the world. Furthermore it embrace the dialogue between researchers and artists to overcome the damaging barriers that exist between humanist and scientific culture.

contributors Luca Nicola and Paolo Rossi Castelli

This blog is dedicated to the most advanced frontiers of scientific research and the innovative therapies that are being tried out around the world. Furthermore it embrace the dialogue between researchers and artists to overcome the damaging barriers that exist between humanist and scientific culture.

contributors: Luca Nicola and Paolo Rossi Castelli

Covid-19: il virus non appare poi così “mutevole”

Covid-19: the virus doesn’t appear to be so “changeable”

Cautiously optimistic. This is the outcome of one of the most complete and realistic studies conducted to the present date...

> Read More
Perché è così difficile resistere ai cibi pieni di zucchero?

Why are sugary foods so hard to resist?

Sugar is a word that we all know, and that we usually associate with a sweetening ingredient.
In fact,...

> Read More
vitamine-false-contro-i-batteri-piu-temibili

“False” vitamins to fight the most frightening bacteria

Vitamins are fundamental molecules not only for human life, but also for the lives of many other living organisms, including...

> Read More
I nostri neuroni si muovono come pesci

Our neurons move like fish

What do a school of fish swimming in perfect harmony and our brain cells that give rise to an uninterrupted...

> Read More
organoidi-per-scegliere-la-chemio-piu-efficace-anti-tumori

Organoids for the most effective chemotherapy to treat cancer

Organoids are tiny parts of organs created in the laboratory using “real” cells of the body (which are grown on...

> Read More
infosfera

The infosphere is transforming our lives

Today, we are living in unprecedented times, in which the clear division of the online and offline worlds no longer...

> Read More
nuovi marcatori covid 19

New markers tell us who can defend themselves well from Covid-19

While the Covid-19 pandemic is showing no signs of slowing-down one key aspect is starting to become clearer: why do...

> Read More
anushkanaiknaware

A smart bandage for treating chronic wounds

What inspires a teenager to take on the great scientific and engineering challenge of inventing the first ‘intelligent’ dressing? Anushka...

> Read More
Bambina che gioca alla chimica

Which scientific fields will have the greatest impact on our lives?

In a recent interview Holden Thorp, a chemist and the editor-in-chief of “Science”, one of the most respected science journals...

> Read More
affrontare la pandemia

Preventing the next pandemic?

To successfully deal with the crisis caused by this pandemic, what lessons can we learn from the past? And what...

> Read More
immagine micro organismi marini

Reawakening of sea bacteria after 100 million years

They are a hundred thousand years old, although they don’t show it: for all these years they were “stuck” in...

> Read More
immagine christoph keplinger TED talk

“Soft” muscles for robots of the future

The most recent robots have impressive capabilities, but their bodies do not look much different from those of several decades...

> Read More
cecita-negli-anziani-trovata-molecola-chiave

Key molecule discovered to treat blindness in the elderly

Researchers from the Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute in La Jolla are offering hope in the treatment of dry...

> Read More
dan knights conferenza TED microbioma

Microbiome study opens up new therapeutic prospects

We know that the microbiome plays an important role in several metabolic diseases and that many bowel-related diseases are increasing...

> Read More
immagine cellula

Covid-19: defence depends (not only) on antibodies

The symptoms of Covid-19 sufferers cover a very wide range between two extremes, from a total absence of any signs...

> Read More
Foto di Lera Boroditsky a conferenza Ted Talk

Does the language we speak influence our way of thinking?

The research conducted by the psychologist Lera Boroditsky is distinguished by its original and interdisciplinary approach, which integrates methods and...

> Read More
fotografia di elizabeth blackburn

What makes our body age?

Elizabeth Blackburn, molecular biologist and Nobel Prize winner for Medicine in 2009, together with Carol Greider and Jack Szostak, addresses...

> Read More
immagine mappa vasi sangui

3d ultrasound produces highly-accurate mapping of blood vessels

The ability to measure blood flow is essential in many diseases for understanding how much blood, oxygen and nutrients reach...

> Read More
immagine antibiotico irresistibile

An irresistible antibiotic from Princeton researchers

After many years of studies and unsuccessful attempts, the fight against the bacteria resistant to normal drugs may be at...

> Read More
Nelson kwaje

#contagiousstories: a digital community to fight fake news on coronavirus

False information on the coronavirus and the spreading of fake news can have very serious consequences on people’s lives. This...

> Read More
Più rischi di effetto serra per “colpa” di un virus

More risk of the greenhouse effect because of a virus

On the surface of our oceans a phage (i.e. a virus that infects bacteria) risks modifying the fine balance that...

> Read More
fotografia di ynes yabar

#contagiousstories: what’s the best protection against coronavirus? Awareness and solidarity

Inés, a young Peruvian, currently living in Paris, has contributed to the creation of Makesense TV, a community that, through...

> Read More
#storiecontagiose Maxime realizza la sua meta più bella

#contagiousstories: Maxime scores his greatest goal

The coronavirus emergency, as we know, has radically changed all of our lives. Almost always by necessity, but sometimes by...

> Read More
Stress cronico, individuato l’interruttore dell’ansia

Chronic stress – the identification of anxiety’s circuit-breaker”

It has been known for some time that chronic stress (such as that which many of us have experienced during...

> Read More
Covid-19: il virus non appare poi così “mutevole”

Covid-19: the virus doesn’t appear to be so “changeable”

Cautiously optimistic. This is the outcome of one of the most complete and realistic studies...

> Read More
Perché è così difficile resistere ai cibi pieni di zucchero?

Why are sugary foods so hard to resist?

Sugar is a word that we all know, and that we usually associate with a...

> Read More
vitamine-false-contro-i-batteri-piu-temibili

“False” vitamins to fight the most frightening bacteria

Vitamins are fundamental molecules not only for human life, but also for the lives of...

> Read More
I nostri neuroni si muovono come pesci

Our neurons move like fish

What do a school of fish swimming in perfect harmony and our brain cells that...

> Read More
organoidi-per-scegliere-la-chemio-piu-efficace-anti-tumori

Organoids for the most effective chemotherapy to treat cancer

Organoids are tiny parts of organs created in the laboratory using “real” cells of the...

> Read More
infosfera

The infosphere is transforming our lives

Today, we are living in unprecedented times, in which the clear division of the online...

> Read More
nuovi marcatori covid 19

New markers tell us who can defend themselves well from Covid-19

While the Covid-19 pandemic is showing no signs of slowing-down one key aspect is starting...

> Read More
anushkanaiknaware

A smart bandage for treating chronic wounds

What inspires a teenager to take on the great scientific and engineering challenge of inventing...

> Read More
Bambina che gioca alla chimica

Which scientific fields will have the greatest impact on our lives?

In a recent interview Holden Thorp, a chemist and the editor-in-chief of “Science”, one of...

> Read More
affrontare la pandemia

Preventing the next pandemic?

To successfully deal with the crisis caused by this pandemic, what lessons can we learn...

> Read More
immagine micro organismi marini

Reawakening of sea bacteria after 100 million years

They are a hundred thousand years old, although they don’t show it: for all these...

> Read More
immagine christoph keplinger TED talk

“Soft” muscles for robots of the future

The most recent robots have impressive capabilities, but their bodies do not look much different...

> Read More
foto luca nicola
Luca Nicola

Copywriter since 1988, he began his career in De Agostini, and then chose to continue as a freelancer. Graduated in Philosophy, he is currently also a professor of Web Marketing at the Federlegno Training Center. As a communication consultant, he has been working for many clients for many years, including some large international groups. In 2012 he opened the personal blog “Mela N” where he deals with topics related to Writing, Communication, Content Marketing and Storytelling.

Foto paolo rossi castelli
Paolo Rossi Castelli

Journalist since 1983, has been dealing with scientific divulgation for years, especially in the fields of medicine and biology. Creator of Sportello Cancro, the site created by corriere.it on oncology in collaboration with the Umberto Veronesi Foundation. He collaborated with the pages of the Science of Corriere della Sera for several years. He is the founder and director of PRC-Comunicare la scienza.

FORUM

FELLOWSHIPS

PUBLICATIONS

LET’S SCIENCE!

LA SCIENZA A REGOLA D’ARTE

CULTURE
& HEALTH

FORUM

FELLOWSHIPS

PUBLICATIONS

LET’S SCIENCE!

LA SCIENZA A REGOLA D’ARTE

CULTURE & HEALTH